Saratoga Unites’ Weekly Newsletter & Actions
Support the Students of Saratoga Springs!
We are inspired. Last week, school board candidate Natalya Lakhtakia announced that she was donating $350 to cover negative school lunch balances instead of purchasing lawn signs for her campaign. No matter what candidates you support in this election, the choice to have a direct impact on the students in our community is motivating.
Saratoga Unites is joining Natalya in this effort. As of last week, negative school lunch balances are over $11,000. We would like to raise $5,000 to contribute to paying off these balances before the end of the school year! Let’s come together as a community in this effort.
If you would like to contribute to our campaign:
- Donate through Paypal (add in the Note that your donation is for school lunch balances)
- Send a check to PO Box 4763, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866 (memo: School Lunch Balances)
- Donate to the school directly! Email Brenda Roberts in the business office at email@example.com. If you donate, please drop us a note to let me know!
We would like to have $5,000 ready to deliver to the school by June 1st.
Can we do this? YES WE CAN!
It is clear from this school board election season that people care passionately about the students in our schools – let’s show that we’re committed to the children of our community!
And stay tuned – this isn’t a school board election season project – there are several programs in our school and community that are serving our students and need our support. Will be kicking off campaigns to support those programs as well.
Community Reading Group – the Climate Report
Join Saratoga Unites, Sustainable Saratoga, and Northshire Bookstore for a community discussion on the Climate Report – National Climate Assessment-Impacts, Risks, and Adaptation in the United States.
This conversation will be moderated by Drs. Kurt Smemo and Kris Covey of Skidmore College Department of Environmental Science. We have copies of The Climate Report available for purchase for those who wish to read the book before the discussion.
Saratoga Unites, Inc. is a community organization dedicated to uniting groups and individuals to uphold democratic values and advocate for equal rights, equal opportunity, a healthy environment, and a more peaceful world.
To accomplish its mission, Saratoga Unites:
- Identifies and researches current issues impacting our community;
- Creates forums to educate adults and children who will be tomorrow’s leaders;
- Prepares and disseminates research and position papers to elected officials, community decision makers, universities, and the public; and
- Inspires debate on issues by encouraging new perspectives and collaborations with OUR LOCAL, STATE & NATIONAL AGENDA.